Part of concert outfit ideas research is finding the best bags for concerts too. It will carry your essential stuff, your tickets, and your lightstick or other stuff that you will wave up high during the artist’s performance.
I’ve been to three concerts this year already and there will be more by 2023. So I think I can claim that I’m an expert on the stuff you should use at concerts.
1. CLEAR or PVC BAGS – You can never go wrong with clear bags. This is actually the most recommended bag by concert organizers. They’re see-through so they know what’s inside your bag already and security inspection will be fast.
It comes with crossbody and backpacks but my fave is the crossbody clear bags of DEAR ARMY PH, they’re somewhat affordable, comes with free inserts where you can put pins or badges of the artist you’ll be watching, and the size is just right to fit lightsticks and your essentials. The bag pictured above is the SEVENTEEN Edition which cost PHP1195.
2. UNIQLO ROUND MINI SHOULDER BAG – You may have already seen this around almost everywhere. I have even seen this around Korea, especially in Seoul and also in Busan Asiad Stadium where the BTS Yet To Come concert was held. There are reasons why this bag is loved by many people; 1) it’s lightweight; 2) It’s affordable, only PHP590 in Uniqlo; and 3) For a mini size it’s quite roomy. You can put a lot of stuff.
Obviously, the downside of this bag is on K-pop concerts. Lightsticks can’t fit on it. But if you really prefer this bag, I suggest using a lightstick strap and carrying your lightstick like a crossbody. That’s what my friend did.
3. BEYOND THE VINES XS DUMPLING BAG – Just like the bag above, this one is also a Tiktok-famous bag. This is the priciest bag on this list which cost SGD79 on BTV’s official website (they ship to the Philippines) or around PHP3000 in BTV branches in MOA and Rockwell. But if you have the budget, it’s really worth buying. This is one of the few bags that I can confidently say will last for a long time. It is well-made!
It is lightweight, waterproof, and very roomy. Because of its dumpling design, it doesn’t look too bulky when you put much stuff in it. And yes, you can fit a lightstick in it too. But if lightstick is not an issue, you can opt for the smaller and cuter Micro Dumpling Bag.
4. BENTOY MILKJOY BAG– Discovered this bag from a CARAT moot who will use this bag in Seventeen’s Concert in Bulacan. It is cute, spacious, lightweight, and affordable. It only cost Php195!
5. CORDUROY MINI TOTE BAG– This crossbody bag from a local brand comes in 10 colors and 2 sizes that are both good concert bags. They’re lightweight, aesthetic, and best of all, it’s very affordable. The phone size cost PHP170 while the notebook size cost PHP199 only.
BONUS: LIGHTSTICK STRAP– To be honest, you’re going to be so busy watching the concert, staring at your bias, you don’t really need to bring a lot of stuff because you’ll end up not using it anyway even makeup. You can just carry your light stick in a crossbody like pictured above and put your essentials in your pockets.
I highly recommend the light stick straps from Concert Buddy, the grip is really strong and the quality is good. I actually own their BTS and Seventeen straps. The BTS strap is the one I used in their Busan concert. Recently, they also launch Enhypen, Super Junior, and Blackpink straps which will all have upcoming concerts in the Philippines.
My tips on choosing concert bags:
Stick to 12″ x 6″ x 12″ dimensions. Big bags are not allowed in concert venues. Security will ask you to leave it in a paid locker.
Your bags should have a lock. Bags with no zippers can be disastrous when the artist screamed “everybody jump!” Also, there are pickpockets.
It must be lightweight. You’ll be carrying it for hours so make sure it’s light.
These are the 5 best bags for concerts that I personally recommend in different price ranges.